Other than my beloved coffee, I’m not the biggest fan of drinkables. I much prefer to chew, basically.
Smoothies, soups, shakes… I’ll take mine spoonable, preferably. The lumpier the better 😉
But getting my pre-workout BCAAs in wasn’t too bad – the green apple flavour that I’m currently toying with is delicious. Mixed in with my daily lemon and ACV, and I have myself a proper morning ‘cocktail’ (à la Laura).
Then I had a little brainwave. What if I could turn this into an edible? Worth a go right?
So, combining my pre-workout boosting drink with a little of my magical jellifying (now a word) powder, I had an EDIBLE pre-workout snack!
In these little protein-packed gummies, you not only get a delicious sweet taste and delightful chew, but all these health bonuses:
RAZE pre-workout gives you…
- Delayed onset muscle soreness, from the Beta Alanine
- Energy and immune health from the Vitamin B6
- Enhanced focus from L-Tyrosine and Caffeine
- Premium grade iBCAA’s for protein synthesis, better recovery and building lean muscle mass
- Boosted alertness and reaction times from Glucoronaltone
Gelatin gives you…
- Improved digestion (as it binds with water to help move that sh*t along)
- Smoother skin (from the collagen – way better absorbed by food than on the skin fyi)
- Great for joints and joint recovery (which you’ll be needing during the workout)…
Pretty cool huh? So, let’s get to this recipe!
If you can call it a recipe. I literally made this while making tea.
Pre-Workout Green Apple Gelatin Gummies
- 1/4 cup of RAZE Pre-workout* (or any pre-workout/BCAA formula you like)
- 1/4 cup of grass-fed gelatin (any would work, but the source of Great Lakes’ stuff is top notch)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup of hot water
- Boil your water
- Add powders to your container/jelly mould – I just used a boring square tupperware
- Add your cold water to the container, and stir briefly
- Add the hot water and make sure everything is mixed and the gelatin is dissolved
- Place in fridge… wait… drink some tea…
- Eat some gummies and get your workout on!
* PS if you do fancy buying this at The Protein Works, using my code at the checkout: CN39474 will get you 250g of FREE whey protein (I recommend the butterscotch flavour!)
If you do get your paws on some gelatin, and fancy making some more jellified treats, check out these:
Yep. I really like gelatin.
Do you prefer to chew or sip?
Do you take a pre-workout drink?
Favourite gummy flavour?